What is meant by an EMBA program?
An Executive MBA program, also known as an EMBA program is an outline course designed for students who have a moderate experience in the industries and want to obtain a holistic viewpoint of managerial and entrepreneurial roles through the course outline of the EMBA program. There is a difference between a full-time MBA program and an Executive MBA program. In the full-time courses, the students have either a few years of experience or no experience, being fresh out of their respective under graduation courses. A reputed business school providing these courses require a very high standard selection criterion. For an EMBA admission, generally, students need to have graduated with a minimum percentage required. Students also need to have work experience between 3-6 years depending upon the requirement of the respective business school.
The EMBA course outline does not include internships as students are already versed in the nitty gritty of the corporate world and industry operations. In most of the business schools, the course interest is customizable depending upon the interest of the students. To give an instance, IIM Kozhikode offers a 26 months Executive MBA course with a highly customizable specialization based on the interest of students. They have education centres in most major cities of India.
In the previous couple of years, there has been a rise in the influx of students aspiring for an Executive MBA course. This has happened mainly because of the pandemic. With the uncertainty dilemma or such mishaps, the students are interested in developing strategies to solve real-world problems. These problems mainly include the impact on investing, data analytics and discovering more about problems that have been faced by the industries during the pandemic. The efforts to expand experiential learning problems have gained the pace because of the pandemic. There is always the question of whether these executive learnings are providing the value given the fact that they have a very high ticket price for the courses offered. There are results where an executive education in management has improved the managerial decision-making by transmitting knowledge which in turn has had a positive impact of the organizational performance of the managers.
The trend of EMBA courses has risen setting aside the copious fee structure because of the great return on investment and a lucrative opportunity to work in a highly performance-driven environment. Here are a few reasons to choose an EMBA course to further upgrade and nurture their career: –
- Return on investment- According to the Alumni Perspectives Survey conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council, 73% of EMBA graduates said their investment in the program was either repaid or rewarded with better offers. Despite the pandemic, EMBA graduates saw an average increase in total remuneration of over 14% in 2020.
- It’s not a niche degree- The real value of an Executive MBA is the helicopter view of business it equips you with. You will be able to gain specialist knowledge in topics of your choice through the various modules but the essence of the EMBA is the bigger picture.
- Lifelong learning experience- The Executive MBA has value that continues long after graduation. Both the friendships made in the classroom and the network of like-minded peers you will join, with whom you will be able to talk business, strategy and possibilities, will last a lifetime.
- The bigger picture- In professional life, there are relatively few occasions where you can gain a comprehensive understanding of the market, business models, other roles, individual contributions, and best practices. One can achieve just that with the option of an EMBA. A global perspective is emphasized throughout the entire course.
- Space to grow- Most of the students interested in pursuing an EMBA are the lots who are stuck in their careers or a niche domain of their work. EMBA will give them the space to grow. They can learn whatever they feel like and gain space in the trending growth trajectory.
Overall, getting an EMBA has proven to be a very profitable career investment and the reason for the rising number of EMBA aspirants is justified very well. The many success stories and market leaders have demonstrated that EMBA is the appropriate solution at the right time for professionals in this time period.
Written by: Siddharth Roy
Batch- 2022-24 (22PGDM132)
Committee- Students Admission Committee